General Summary: Responsible
for carrying out the daily duties of a sailboat rigger,
including but not limited to preparing, repairing and
maintenance of all systems related to masts and rigging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform related duties assigned or as the situation
• Step masts.
• Diagnose basic 12 Volt DC navigation lights
• Perform basic instrument and electrical installations.
• Assembly and Disassembly of masts.
• Mast tuning.
• Rigging and De-rigging of sails and running
• Line splicing.
• Winch maintenance and repair.
• Attend dealership-sponsored training.
• Assist other departments when necessary.
• Maintain updated knowledge of products industry
trends and methods.
• Maintain accurate records, both paper and electronic,
related to billing, work orders and hours worked.
• Work with customer service department and customers
for the effective and timely completion of projects.
• Continually strive to meet Crowley’s standard
of customer service.
• Maintain awareness of and continually practice
safe work habits.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Maintain cleanliness on projects both during
and after job completion.
Required Knowledge, Skills and
• Ability to comprehend and utilize technical
service manuals and use them to facilitate repair and
• Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend,
stoop, climb and work safely around water, on a ladder,
or in confined spaces.
• Capacity to work as a member of a team or by
oneself to achieve desired results.
• Be able to safely operate a variety stationary
or portable hand and power tools.
• Understand basic AC/DC circuitry.
• Ability to work with computer software.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend work orders.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Prior mechanical training or background.
• Basic computer skills.
• Sailing knowledge or experience helpful.