General Summary: Responsible
for carrying out the daily duties of an Installation
Specialist, including but not limited to the installation
of mechanical and electrical components, as well as,
remodeling of cabin and cockpit features.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform related duties assigned or as the situation
• Troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of
marine craft systems, to include; plumbing, electrical,
HVAC, H2O, steering, etc.
• Marine carpentry, fabrication, repair of interior
and exterior of wood fixtures and components.
• Installation of new or replacement parts (i.e.
stanchions, pulpits, hatches, deck lights, port lights,
• Attend dealership-sponsored training.
• Assist other departments when necessary.
• Maintain updated knowledge of product and industry
trends and methods.
• Maintain accurate records, both paper and electronic,
related to billing, work orders and hours worked.
• Work with customer service department and customers
for the effective and timely completion of projects.
• Continually strive to meet Crowley’s standard
of customer service.
• Maintain awareness of and continually practice
safe work habits.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Maintain cleanliness on projects both during
and after job completion.
Required Knowledge, Skills and
• Ability to comprehend and utilize technical
service manuals and use them to facilitate repair and
• Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend,
stoop, climb and work safely around water on a ladder
or in confined spaces
• Capacity to work as a member of a team or by
oneself to achieve desired results
• Be able to safely operate a variety of stationary
or portable hand and power tools
• Understand basic AC/DC circuitry
• Ability to work with computer software
• Ability to read, write and comprehend work orders
• Apply logic to troubleshooting electrical, mechanical
and renovation problems
• Ability to climb and be comfortable working
on a ladder
• Work outdoors in all seasons and work safely
• Work well in non-structured entrepreneurial
• Supply own basic hand tools
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Prior mechanical training or background
• Basic computer skills
• Raymarine or Mercruiser certification a plus
• Experience with or knowledge of epoxy, adhesives
and wood refinishing materials helpful
• 2 – 3 years of basic to advanced carpentry
• Some knowledge of 110 Volt AC, 12/24 Volt DC
circuit fundamentals and use of a digital voltmeter