General Summary: Responsible
for carrying out the daily duties of a fiberglass repair
technician, including but not limited to, fiberglass
repair (both structural and cosmetic) and painting of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform related duties assigned or as the situation
• Bottom Maintenance (i.e. stripping, sanding,
peeling, painting, rudder repair, etc.)
• Keel removal and installation.
• Prep and painting/repainting of full or partial
deck and/or hull with epoxy primers and polyurethane
paints using conventional and spray application.
• Color and gel-coat restoration and matching.
• Custom structural glass work and modifications
(includes interior bulkhead relocations, repairs/replacements,
cosmetic faring, deck and hull modifications.
• Use of molds for fabrication and repair.
• Use of epoxies and polyester resins.
• Assist other departments when necessary.
• Maintain updated knowledge of products, industry
trends and methods.
• Maintain accurate records, both paper and electronic,
related to billing, work orders and hours worked.
• Work with customer service department and customers
for the effective and timely completion of projects.
• Continually strive to meet Crowley’s standard
of customer service.
• Maintain awareness of and continually practice
safe work habits.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and
• Ability to comprehend and utilize technical
manuals and use them to facilitate repair and maintenance
• Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend,
stand, stoop, climb and work safely around water, on
a ladder, or in confined spaces for extended periods
• Capacity to work as a member of a team or by
oneself to achieve desired results
• Be able to safely operate a variety of stationery
or portable hand and power tools
• Understand basic AC/DC circuitry
• Ability to work with computer software
• Ability to read, write and comprehend work orders
• Skilled in the use of a variety of power and
hand tools (i.e. buffers, grinders, dremel, wet sanders,
sawzall, spray equipment, rollers, etc.)
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Prior knowledge or experience in any of the
duties or responsibilities mentioned above
• Basic computer skills