General Summary: Responsible
for the safe mooring of vessels and general operations
of the service docks. Facilitate and assist in coordinating
the arrival and departure of vessels. Maintain a safe
and clean environment. Act as the initial liaison between
customers, dock launch crews, service crews and customer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform related duties assigned or as the situation
• Direct, move, assist, and securely moor vessels
• Monitor and coordinate parking.
• Control traffic along waterway.
• Communicate with bridge operations.
• Watch for and alert people of dangerous situations
(i.e. wakes, commercial traffic, etc.).
• Meet daily with department supervisors to facilitate
the days activities.
• Light cleaning.
• Attend training seminars.
• Assist other departments when necessary.
• Maintain updated knowledge of products, industry
trends, and methods.
• Maintain accurate records, both paper and electronic,
related to billing, work orders and hours worked.
• Continually strive to meet Crowley’s standard
of customer service.
• Maintain awareness of and continually practice
safe work habits.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Maintain cleanliness on projects both during
and after job completion.
• Work overtime when needed.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and
• Line handling skills including, ability to tie
bowline, half hitch knots, toss and cleat lines
• Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend,
stoop, climb and work safely around water on a ladder
or in confined spaces
• Be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Capacity to work as a member of a team or by
oneself to achieve desired results
• Ability to use a PC, radio and hailer
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend work
orders, invoices and schedules
• Must have non-marking slip resistant foot wear
and rain gear (purchase plan available)
Education and Experience:
• Boat handling and knowledge of nautical terminology
or the ability to learn quickly
• CPR and or Lifeguard training a plus
• Basic computer skills