General Summary: Responsible
for carrying out the daily duties of a Marine Mechanical
Technician, including but not limited to the troubleshooting,
repair, and maintenance of marine diesel and gasoline
engines, transmissions, drive train and related electrical
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform related duties assigned or as the situation
• Perform all seasonal preventative maintenance
(i.e. oil changes, replace belts and hoses, winterize
• Evaluate and repair faulty mechanical systems.
• Conduct service calls to various harbor locations.
• Troubleshoot 12/24 Volt DC systems and generators.
• Do welding, soldering and brazing.
• Operate metal fabrication machinery (i.e. mills,
• Attend dealership-sponsored training (i.e. Mercruiser,
Yanmar, Volvo, Westerbeke, Universal, in-house, web/computer
• Assist other departments when necessary.
• Maintain updated knowledge of product and industry
trends and methods.
• Maintain accurate records, both paper and electronic,
related to billing, work orders and hours worked.
• Work with customer service department and customers
for the effective and timely completion of projects.
• Continually strive to meet Crowley’s standard
of customer service.
• Maintain awareness of and continually practice
safe work habits.
• Maintain a safe work environment.
• Maintain cleanliness on projects both during
and after job completion.
• Work overtime when needed.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and
• Ability to comprehend and utilize technical
service manuals and use them to facilitate repair and
• Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend,
stoop, climb and work safely around water on a ladder
or in confined spaces
• Be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Capacity to work as a member of a team or by
oneself to achieve desired results
• Be able to safely operate a variety of stationary
or portable hand and power tools
• Understand basic AC/DC circuitry
• Ability to use a PC
• Ability to read, write and comprehend work orders
Education and Experience:
• Prior mechanical training or background
• Basic computer skills
• Mercruiser, Yanmar, Volvo, Westerbeke and Universal
training a plus